Tim Cordes concentrates his legal practice on family law and probate estates in the Wayne, Oakland and Macomb County Circuit Courts. He has also represented clients an Bankruptcy and Copyright cases in Federal District Court, and has drafted appeals to both the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court.
After a career an software and management consulting, Tim began law school in 2002 at what was then the Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University. By the time he graduated magna cum laude in 2005, the school had merged identities and became Michigan State University College of Law. He began working for Nesi and Associates, P.C. in the summer of 2004, and remained there for nearly 10 years, until Tim started his own practice, Cordes Law, PLLC.
Using his consulting skills, legal knowledge, and personalized style, Tim has been able to grow Cordes Law, PLLC into the thriving practice it is today.
In his spare time, Tim enjoys sailing the Great Lakes and writing and performing plays at the Players Club in downtown Detroit. He and his wife (and their dog, Spike) live in Bloomfield Hills.
- JD MSU College of Law magna cum laude in 2005
- BFA Ithaca College, Ithaca NY 1984
- 2011 Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association Law Related Education Committee
- 2010 Vice-Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association Law Related Education Committee
- 2010-present Oakland County Bar Family Court Committee
- 2009 Oakland County Bar Association Professionalism Committee
- 2008 State Bar Of Michigan Standing Committee on Technology